Losonsky, Wise lead UC Irvine to 80-70 victoryDec 3, 2009 - 6:01 AM IRVINE, Calif.(AP) -- Pavol Losonsky scored 15 points and Eric Wise finished with 12 points, eight rebounds and a career-high seven assists as UC Irvine defeated Hawaii 80-70 Wednesday night.
Patrick Rembert and Zack Atkinson each added 10 points for the Anteaters (4-3), who shot 59 percent (23 of 39) from the field and were 31 of 34 from the free-throw line.
The Warriors (2-4) were led by Roderick Flemings, who had 25 points, and Hiram Thompson and Brandon Adams, who contributed 15 points apiece.
Hawaii trailed 37-22 at halftime but pulled to within 55-52 on a 3-pointer by Flemings with 7:26 remaining. The Anteaters responded with a 7-0 run for a 62-52 advantage and then hit 18 of 21 free-throws in the final 3:37 to seal the victory.
Losonsky scored 11 points in the first nine minutes to help Irvine to a 27-7 lead.
- NCAA BB
UC IRVINE 80 FINAL
Dec 3 12:00 AM
- NCAA BB
UC IRVINE 37 HALFTIME
Dec 2 10:50 PM
- Hawaii guard Aaron Valdes to turn professional Apr 7
- No. 13 seed Hawaii to play 4th-seeded Maryland Mar 19
- California tries to set aside distractions facing Hawaii Mar 17
- U of Hawaii appeals NCAA men's basketball postseason ban Jan 6
- NCAA puts University of Hawaii men's basketball on probation Dec 22
- Louisville edges UC Irvine, avoids upset Mar 20
- Anteaters hope to sniff out victory against seasoned Cardinals Mar 20
- UC Irvine tops Hawaii to win Big West Mar 15
- Hawaii and Anteaters battle for Big West title Mar 14
- WSU outlasts Hawaii in OT to reach Diamond Head Classic finals Dec 23
- Shockers and Rainbow Warriors meet in Diamond Head Classic Dec 23
- Arizona runs away from UC Irvine Nov 20