Mitchell leads Maine to 76-66 win over ColgateDec 4, 2009 - 3:55 AM HAMILTON, N.Y.(AP) -- Terrance Mitchell scored 24 points in 20 minutes off the bench to lead Maine to a 76-66 victory over winless Colgate on Thursday night.
Sean McNally added 20 points and nine rebounds for the Black Bears (3-3), who trailed 32-31 at halftime and 42-33 with 14:37 left.
Maine then went on a 12-3 run to tie the game at 45. After Colgate (0-7) regained a 51-47 lead, Mitchell and McNally combined to score the next 15 points for a 62-57 Maine lead with 5:07 left. The Raiders could get no closer than five the rest of the way.
Mitchell, who scored 18 second-half points, was 6-for-8 from 3-point range and 6-for-7 from the free throw line. The Black Bears went 7-for-16 from beyond the arc while Colgate was 3-for-20.
The Raiders are off to their worst start since the 1996-97 team that started 0-9 and finished 12-16.
Yaw Gyawu and Ben Jonson had 17 points apiece for Colgate.
- NCAA BB
COLGATE 66 FINAL
Dec 3 9:04 PM
- NCAA BB
COLGATE 32 HALFTIME
Dec 3 7:49 PM
- Ohio State pulls away from Colgate Dec 7
- Buckeyes seek redemption in bout with visiting Raiders Dec 6
- Maine names Walsh men's basketball coach May 7
- No. 12 Connecticut crushes Maine Dec 6
- Black Bears come calling on 12th-ranked Huskies Dec 6
- No. 9 Orange cruise past Colgate Nov 16
- Raiders seek upset of ninth-ranked Orange Nov 16
- Syracuse crushes Colgate again Nov 25
- Colgate seeks first win over Syracuse in half a century Nov 25
- Syracuse wins in midst of Fine allegations Nov 19
- Colgate comes calling on No. 5 Syracuse Nov 19
- No. 4 Uconn uses strong second half to defeat Maine Nov 17