Cal Poly defeats Seattle, 85-74Dec 4, 2009 - 6:16 AM SAN LUIS OBISPO, Calif.(AP) -- Will Donahue had 13 points and 11 rebounds for Cal Poly, which rallied from an early 16-point deficit Thursday night to defeat Seattle, 85-74, for its first victory of the season.
Six players scored in double figures for the Mustangs (1-5), who won their home opener after dropping five on the road.
Jordan Lewis added 15 points, Shawn Lewis 13, Lorenzo Keeler 11, and Justin Brown and David Hanson 10 each for Cal Poly.
Charles Garcia led Seattle (4-4) with 26 points and 16 rebounds. The Redhawks led 27-11 at the 9:17 mark of the first half, but Cal Poly outscored Seattle 21-10 the rest of the half to cut its deficit to 37-32.
The game featured 62 fouls, 33 by Cal Poly; and 47 turnovers, 26 by the Mustangs. Seattle was 22-for-48, or 46 percent, from the free-throw line.
- NCAA BB
CAL POLY 85 FINAL
Dec 4 12:23 AM
- NCAA BB
CAL POLY 32 HALFTIME
Dec 3 10:57 PM
- Eastern Washington's college basketball game postponed Nov 17
- New Mexico State cruises past Seattle to win WAC Mar 15
- Aggies go for fourth straight WAC title against Seattle Mar 14
- No. 8 Gonzaga tops Cal Poly Dec 21
- Bulldogs take on Mustangs in Battle in Seattle Dec 20
- Shockers crush Cal Poly, move to 35-0 Mar 22
- Shockers tip off tourney run against Mustangs Mar 21
- Cal Poly shuts down Texas Southern to advance in NCAA Tournament Mar 19
- Mustangs and Tigers duke it out for spot in field of 64 Mar 19
- Cal Poly clinches Big West, first NCAA berth Mar 16
- Big West championship game pits Mustangs against Matadors Mar 15
- Oregon routs Cal Poly Dec 2