Weber State tops Sacramento State 80-65Dec 6, 2009 - 5:18 AM SACRAMENTO, Calif.(AP) -- Damian Lillard had 27 points and four assists in Weber State's 80-65 victory over Sacramento State Saturday night.
Franklin Session had 14 points and 18 rebounds and Nick Hansen added 17 points for the Wildcats (3-4, 1-0), who got their first road win in the Big Sky Conference opener.
Sultan Toles-Bey had 14 points and Michael Selling added 13 points and six rebounds for the Hornets (4-5, 0-1).
Before the Hornets ended the first half leading 32-30, Duro Bjegovic's basket at the 2:51 mark gave Sacramento State its biggest lead at 30-25.
Both teams had trouble finding the basket in the first half. The Hornets made 11 of 31 from the field while the Wildcats hit 10 of 34.
Six lead changes and two ties were recorded in the second half before the Wildcats went on a 17-3 run to make the score 61-50 with less than five minutes remaining.
- NCAA BB
WEBER ST 80
SACRAMENTO ST 65 FINAL
Dec 5 11:51 PM
- NCAA BB
WEBER ST 30
SACRAMENTO ST 32 HALFTIME
Dec 5 10:43 PM
- Xavier pulls away from Weber State late for 71-53 win Mar 18
- Xavier opens tourney vs Weber St, hoping for deep run Mar 17
- No. 19 Oklahoma blows past Weber State Dec 22
- Oklahoma hoping to bounce back in bout with Weber State Dec 22
- Gonzaga pounds Sacramento State Nov 15
- Bulldogs get underway in showdown with Hornets Nov 14
- Gordon helps Arizona get past Weber State Mar 21
- Weber State faces tall task in clash with No. 1 seed Arizona Mar 21
- Tresnak guides Weber State past North Dakota for Big Sky title Mar 16
- North Dakota takes on Weber State in Big Sky title game Mar 15
- Adams leads the way again as UCLA rolls Nov 19
- Hornets hoping to sting Bruins Nov 18