Garcia's 22 points help Seattle top UC Davis 78-68Dec 5, 2009 - 11:41 PM DAVIS, Calif.(AP) -- Charles Garcia had 22 points and 12 rebounds to lead Seattle University to a 78-68 victory over UC Davis on Saturday.
Chris Gweth had 22 points and Cervante Burrell scored 16 points for the Redhawks (5-4).
Mark Payne and Dominic Calegari each had 22 points and three steals for the Aggies (3-5).
The Redhawks built a seven-point advantage until the Aggies went on a 14-3 run to lead 27-23 with less than 10 minutes remaining in the first half.
The Aggies' biggest lead was at six points before the Redhawks outscored UC Davis 18 to 9 to lead 41-38 at the half.
The Redhawks shot 54 percent (17 of 31) from the field in the first half while the Aggies shot 53 percent (16 of 30).
Calegari's basket put the Aggies up 42-41 early in the second half. But the Redhawks countered with a 22-8 run to command a 15-point margin at the 9:22 mark.
- NCAA BB
UC DAVIS 78 FINAL
Dec 5 6:15 PM
- NCAA BB
UC DAVIS 38 HALFTIME
Dec 5 4:59 PM
- UC Davis hires Stanford's Kevin Blue as athletic director May 16
- Eastern Washington's college basketball game postponed Nov 17
- New Mexico State cruises past Seattle to win WAC Mar 15
- Aggies go for fourth straight WAC title against Seattle Mar 14
- Scott's 33 helps Virginia escape Seattle with win Dec 22
- No. 24 Cavaliers take on Redhawks in Seattle Dec 21
- UC Santa Barbara takes 76-62 win over UC Davis Mar 12
- Harden paces UC Davis by Cal State Fullerton 68-65 Mar 12
- Seattle's Garcia declares for NBA draft Mar 8
- UC Davis beats Cal State Fullerton 92-86 in OT Mar 7
- Seattle 74, Utah Valley St. 64 Mar 6
- Seattle defeats Utah Valley 74-64 Mar 6