La Salle holds off Hartford 75-62Dec 6, 2009 - 10:25 PM PHILADELPHIA(AP) -- Kimmani Barrett scored 25 points, including knocking down five 3-pointers, to lead La Salle to a 75-62 win over Hartford on Sunday.
Rodney Green added 13 points, Aaric Murray had 12 and Yves Mekongo Mbala scored 10 for the Explorers (5-2).
Barrett finished 7-for-14 from the floor, including his five 3s, and was 6-for-8 from the foul line. Green and Murray also added two 3-pointers each for the Explorers, who shot 11-for-21 from long range (52.4 percent).
The Hawks (2-7) were 9-for-21 from beyond the arc (42.9 percent).
After trading leads early in the opening half, Morgan Sabia hit a pair of free throws to pull Hartford within 22-21 with 7:04 left before halftime. But the Explorers went on a 15-5 run for an 11-point lead at the break.
Sabia and Joe Zeglinski scored 19 apiece to lead Hartford.
- NCAA BB
LA SALLE 75 FINAL
Dec 6 4:01 PM
- NCAA BB
LA SALLE 37 HALFTIME
Dec 6 2:56 PM
- No. 24 Davidson beats La Salle at buzzer Mar 13
- Explorers seek upset of Wildcats in A-10 Tournament Mar 13
- La Salle downs slumping VCU in double OT Feb 11
- Explorers seek upset of 20th-ranked Rams Feb 11
- No. 14 Notre Dame dismantles Hartford Dec 31
- Hartford seeks upset of No. 14 Notre Dame Dec 30
- No. 10 Villanova tops Big 5 rival La Salle Dec 4
- La Salle seeks upset of No. 10 Villanova Dec 3
- Brogdon and Virginia down La Salle Nov 29
- Explorers seek upset of eighth-ranked Cavaliers Nov 28
- Jett's late basket lifts Saint Louis over La Salle Feb 9
- Explorers play host to 13th-ranked Billikens Feb 8