Wichita State dominates North Dakota State 69-57Dec 22, 2009 - 2:56 AM WICHITA, Kan.(AP) -- Toure Murry scored 15 points to lead Wichita State to a 69-57 victory over North Dakota State on Monday night.
The Shockers (11-1) received 10 points each from Gabe Blair and Clevin Hannah.
The Bison (4-7) were led by Michael Tveidt's 14 points.
Graham Hatch scored six points in an 8-2 Wichita State run to start the second half, pushing the Shockers' lead to 43-22. North Dakota State's best stretch came late in the game, a 12-0 run that included Josh Vaughan's 3-pointer and cut it to 66-55 with 2:39 left.
Wichita State took control early, scoring the first 13 points, seven coming from J.T. Durley. North Dakota State did not score until Tveidt hit a baseline jumper with 13:40 remaining in the half. The Shockers led by as many as 18 in the first half and maintained a 35-20 advantage at halftime.
- NCAA BB
NO DAKOTA ST 57
WICHITA ST 69 FINAL
Dec 21 9:49 PM
- NCAA BB
NO DAKOTA ST 20
WICHITA ST 35 HALFTIME
Dec 21 9:00 PM
- Wichita State Shockers face Miami, ready to keep on shocking Mar 18
- Wichita State ready to keep rolling, faces Arizona Mar 16
- Wichita State back healthy, faces Vanderbilt in First Four Mar 15
- South Dakota State men win Summit championship, 67-59 Mar 9
- North Dakota State edges IPFW in Summit tourney, 69-68 Mar 7
- Werner, N. Dakota St. beat IUPUI in Summit tourney quarters Mar 6
- No. 22 Wichita St uses balanced scoring to top Loyola 80-54 Jan 28
- Dupree returns to North Dakota St 2 weeks after leaving Jan 25
- New Mexico State, Wichita State to play makeup game Feb. 15 Jan 18
- North Dakota State guard leaves team in dispute over role Jan 12
- Winter storm forces New Mexico St-Wichita St postponement Dec 28
- Wichita State says F Grady's back injury improving Nov 28