Anderson's 28 help Cowboys beat La Salle 77-62Dec 22, 2009 - 4:09 AM By JEFF LATZKE AP Sports Writer
OKLAHOMA CITY(AP) -- James Anderson scored 28 points, Marshall Moses added 18 points and Oklahoma State never trailed on its way to a 77-62 win against La Salle on Monday night at the All-College Classic.
After La Salle (7-4) had cut a 16-point deficit in half, Anderson and Keiton Page led the Cowboys on a 12-2 run to restore the cushion. Anderson had a fast-break layup and a runner in the lane, then tipped the ball away to Page for a jumper in transition. Moses' free throw with 3:31 remaining put Oklahoma State (10-1) up 75-57.
Rodney Green scored 22 points to lead the Explorers, but his 3-pointer to stop the Cowboys' surge was his team's only basket in the final 9 minutes.
Page had 11 points and Obi Muonelo had eight points and 10 rebounds for the Cowboys.
- NCAA BB
FINAL 1ST 2ND TOTAL
--- --- -----
LA SALLE 26 35 61
OKLAHOMA STATE 36 41 77 FINAL
HIGH SCORERS: LA SALLE - RODNEY GREEN 21, KIMMANI BARRETT 15,
YVES MEKONGO MBALA 11
OKLAHOMA STATE - JAMES ANDERSON 28, MARSHALL MOSES 18,
KEITON PAGE 11
Dec 21 10:57 PM
- NCAA BB
LA SALLE 26
OKLAHOMA ST 36 HALFTIME
Dec 21 9:46 PM
- Oklahoma Stare adds Gentry to basketball coaching staff May 11
- Oklahoma State introduces new coach Underwood Mar 23
- Oklahoma St. hires SFA's Brad Underwood as men's hoops coach Mar 22
- Oklahoma State to 'part ways' with basketball coach Ford Mar 18
- Oklahoma State coach Ford ejected from son's game Dec 11
- Oklahoma State G Forte out with arm injury vs George Mason Nov 20
- Oklahoma State at a glance Oct 28
- Oklahoma State G Evans has star potential Oct 28
- Young advances Oregon past Oklahoma State Mar 20
- Pokes and Ducks duke it out in NCAA Tournament action Mar 20
- No. 24 Davidson beats La Salle at buzzer Mar 13
- Explorers seek upset of Wildcats in A-10 Tournament Mar 13