Campbell defeats South Carolina-Upstate 82-69Jan 2, 2010 - 10:24 PM SPARTANBURG, S.C.(AP) -- Jonathan Rodriguez scored a season-high 27 points as Campbell defeated South Carolina-Upstate 82-69 on Saturday.
Rodriguez was 4-for-7 from 3-point range and had seven rebounds and three steals for the Camels (8-4, 3-0 Atlantic Sun Conference), who shot 60 percent (18-for-30) in the second half after leading 29-28 at halftime. The senior forward moved into eighth place on the Atlantic Sun career scoring list with 1,848 points.
After Carter Cook's 3-pointer brought the Spartans (1-11, 1-2) within 55-50 with 9:14 left, the Camels held them without a field goal for more than 6 minutes while putting together a 16-2 spurt.
Preston Dodson added 15 points on 7-of-9 shooting for Campbell, while Miles Taylor added 12 points and a career-high five assists for the Camels.
Nick Schneiders scored 15 points on 7-of-8 shooting and had nine rebounds to lead the Spartans.
- NCAA BB
USC UPSTATE 69 FINAL
Jan 2 3:54 PM
- NCAA BB
USC UPSTATE 28 HALFTIME
Jan 2 2:51 PM
- Ospreys and Spartans collide in A-Sun title bout Mar 8
- Strong second half lifts Maryland over USC Upstate Dec 13
- 19th-ranked Terps tangle with Spartans Dec 13
- Russell powers Ohio State over Campbell Nov 27
- Camels hope to get over hump in clash with Buckeyes Nov 26
- Campbell tabs McGeehan as head coach Apr 11
- Gardner-Webb moves on with rout of Campbell Mar 7
- Gonzaga thumps Campbell Dec 20
- Camels try to get over the hump in clash with 14th-ranked Zags Dec 19
- Wright, No. 22 Cincy thump Campbell Nov 20
- Camels hit road to battle 22nd-ranked Bearcats Nov 20
- USC Upstate gives Payne extension Oct 26