Detroit runs past Loyola-Chicago 59-42Jan 3, 2010 - 12:22 AM CHICAGO(AP) -- Detroit snapped Loyola of Chicago's seven-game winning streak Saturday with a 59-42 victory.
The Titans (10-5, 3-1 Horizon) trailed by three at halftime but opened the second half on a 12-2 run to take a 32-25 lead. A tip-in by Andy Polka brought Loyola (11-3, 2-2) within a basket, 34-32, with 13 minutes remaining, but Detroit outscored the Ramblers 25-10 the rest of the way.
Loyola made only 5 of 25 shots in the second half.
Eli Holman scored 14 points and Thomas Kennedy added 10 for Detroit.
Terrance Hill had 14 points for Loyola, which lost for the first time at home this season. Polka and Walt Gibler added nine points each.
- NCAA BB
LOYOLA CHI 42 FINAL
Jan 2 5:58 PM
- NCAA BB
LOYOLA CHI 23 HALFTIME
Jan 2 4:51 PM
- Loyola-Chicago beats ULM for CBI title Apr 1
- Ramblers seek CBI crown in showdown with Warhawks Apr 1
- Loyola beats ULM in CBI opener Mar 30
- Warhawks and Ramblers clash in CBI championship series Mar 30
- Northern Iowa downs Loyola to reach MVC final Mar 7
- MVC semifinals pits Panthers against Ramblers Mar 7
- No. 11 UNI rolls past Loyola of Chicago Feb 18
- Ramblers welcome 11th-ranked Panthers to town Feb 18
- VanVleet powers Wichita State past Loyola-Chicago Jan 28
- Ramblers seek upset of 12th-ranked Shockers Jan 28
- Shockers pull away from Loyola-Chicago in 2nd half Jan 11
- Shockers and Ramblers mix it up in MVC action Jan 11