St. Francis runs past Hartford 64-52Jan 2, 2010 - 10:51 PM LORETTO, Pa.(AP) -- Devin Sweetney scored 19 points and grabbed eight rebounds to lead St. Francis (Pa.) in a 64-52 win over Hartford on Saturday.
Umar Shannon added 12 points and Will Felder had 10 for the Red Flash (4-9), who snapped a four-game losing skid. Shannon and Sorena Orandi hit two 3-pointers apiece for the Red Flash, who finished 6-for-12 from long range (50 percent).
The Hawks (2-11) were 6-for-26 from 3-point range (23.1 percent), and have lost nine games in a row.
The Red Flash went on a 23-8 run in the game's opening 10 minutes and cruised from there. St. Francis led 32-16 at halftime.
Joe Zeglinski led the Hawks with 17 points. Hartford was without starting point guard Andres Torres, who suffered a PCL tear in his right knee during a loss at No. 3 Kentucky on Tuesday. Torres, who leads Hartford in assists (60) and steals (18), will be out 4-6 weeks.
- NCAA BB
ST FRANCIS PA 64 FINAL
Jan 2 4:54 PM
- NCAA BB
ST FRANCIS PA 32 HALFTIME
Jan 2 3:45 PM
- No. 14 Notre Dame dismantles Hartford Dec 31
- Hartford seeks upset of No. 14 Notre Dame Dec 30
- Texas breezes past St. Francis Nov 26
- Longhorns put perfect mark on line versus Red Flash Nov 25
- Louisville cruises past Hartford Nov 19
- Cardinals go in search of 20th straight win Nov 19
- Hartford's Gallagher gets four-year extension Sep 18
- St. Francis (PA) names Krimmel head men's basketball coach Apr 19
- Moore, No. 15 Pitt cruise to ninth straight victory Dec 20
- Leibovitz abruptly resigns as Hartford coach Apr 13
- St. Francis, Pa. 50, Mount St. Mary's, Md. 65 Mar 4
- Mount St. Mary's beats St. Francis, Pa., 65-50 Mar 4