Illinois State defeats Southern Illinois, 68-61Jan 4, 2010 - 3:31 AM NORMAL, Ill.(AP) -- Lloyd Phillips scored 21 points, including four 3-pointers, and Illinois State used an 11-0 second-half run to defeat Southern Illinois 68-61 Sunday night.
Osiris Eldridge scored 14 points for the Redbirds (11-3, 2-1 Missouri Valley) and Dinma Odiakosa had 10 points and nine rebounds.
An Odiakosa layup with 8:22 remaining gave Illinois State the lead for good at 49-47, followed by a Phillips 3 and two more Odiakosa baskets. Tony Lewis made two free throws to put the Redbirds ahead 58-47 with 4:45 to play.
Kevin Dillard scored 16 points for the Salukis (9-3, 2-1). Justin Bocot had 13 points, Tony Freeman had 11 and Anthony Booker had eight points and 10 rebounds for Southern Illinois, which led 29-24 at halftime.
- NCAA BB
SOUTHN ILLINOIS 61
ILLINOIS ST 68 FINAL
Jan 3 10:09 PM
- NCAA BB
SOUTHN ILLINOIS 29
ILLINOIS ST 24 HALFTIME
Jan 3 8:54 PM
- Illinois State staffers among 7 dead in plane crash Apr 7
- Northern Iowa claims Missouri Valley title Mar 8
- Redbirds tangle with Panthers for MVC Tournament title Mar 8
- Good Knight: Illinois St. stuns Wichita in MVC semis Mar 7
- Shockers meet Redbirds in MVC semifinals Mar 7
- Wichita State tops SIU in MVC QFs Mar 6
- Salukis seek upset of Shockers in MVC Tournament Mar 6
- Wichita State cruises past Southern Illinois Feb 17
- Salukis face tall task in clash with 13th-ranked Shockers Feb 17
- No. 15 Wichita State tops Illinois State Feb 14
- Redbirds seek upset of 15th-ranked Shockers Feb 14
- No. 13 UNI overwhelms Illinois State Feb 11