Udoh stars in Baylor's 79-63 win over Morgan StateJan 7, 2010 - 4:52 AM WACO, Texas(AP) -- Ekpe Udoh recorded the fifth triple-double in Baylor history Wednesday night to lead the Bears to a 79-63 win over Morgan State.
Udoh swatted away Joe Davis' layup attempt with 1:35 remaining for his career-best 10th block after scoring 18 points and pulling down 17 rebounds. The junior transfer from Michigan, who finished one block shy of the milestone in the Bears' last home game Dec. 20 against Texas-Arlington, posted the school's first triple-double since Curtis Jerrells did it against Hartford on Dec. 22, 2008.
LaceDarius Dunn and Tweety Carter added 16 points each for Baylor (12-1), while Quincy Acy had 14.
Reggie Holmes led Morgan State (8-7) with 23 points.
Baylor, which led 39-36 at halftime, took control early in the second half when Carter sparked a 19-3 run with a pair of alley-oop passes to Udoh and Acy and a 3-pointer from the top of the key.
- NCAA BB
MORGAN ST 63
BAYLOR 79 FINAL
Jan 6 9:56 PM
- NCAA BB
MORGAN ST 36
BAYLOR 39 HALFTIME
Jan 6 8:46 PM
- King's heart: Baylor freshman playing with defibrillator Mar 15
- Baylor hopes to be motivated by lasting NCAA tourney image Oct 28
- Baylor at a glance Oct 28
- Georgia State upsets Baylor on Hunter's 3 Mar 19
- Bears and Panthers clash in West Regional Mar 19
- No. 9 Kansas tops No. 16 Baylor to reach Big 12 title game Mar 14
- Baylor and Kansas meet in Big 12 Tournament semifinals Mar 13
- Baylor tops West Virginia in Big 12 tourney Mar 12
- Mountaineers challenge Bears in Big 12 Tournament action Mar 12
- Baylor rallies past Texas Tech Mar 7
- Texas Tech and Baylor meet in regular-season finale Mar 6
- Texas fights off No. 14 Baylor in OT Mar 2