Colorado State holds off Wyoming 83-73Jan 7, 2010 - 4:27 AM LARAMIE, Wyo.(AP) -- Andy Ogide scored 22 points as Colorado State stopped Wyoming 83-73 on Wednesday night in the conference opener for both schools.
The Rams (10-5, 1-0 Mountain West) led the entire way and used strong outside shooting to hold off a late Wyoming charge.
"They are all big; this counts as one," Colorado State coach Tim Miles said. "Now we have to worry about Air Force (on Saturday). But I am proud of our players, they did a good job. This is a good win. All of these rivalry-type wins are."
The Cowboys (7-8, 0-1) used two 3-pointers by Arthur Bouedo to cut the Colorado State lead to three with 4:30 remaining, but the Rams responded with 3-pointers from Adam Nigon and Dorian Green and outscored Wyoming 15-8 down the stretch.
Ogide finished 9 of 16 from the field, including 6 of 8 in the second half.
"I thought Andy did a good job of getting the ball in a spot to where he could score," Miles said. "He stayed patient and didn't rush himself."
Adam Waddell led Wyoming with 18 points. Bouedo added 15 and JayDee Luster 13.
Nigon had 16 points for Colorado State. Green added 15 and Travis Franklin 10.
The Rams shot 50 percent (29 of 58) from the field and outrebounded the Cowboys 40-33, including 15 offensive boards that led to a 23 second-chance points.
"Hats off to CSU; they played very well," Wyoming coach Heath Schroyer said. "We were out-toughed and out-executed."
- NCAA BB
COLORADO ST 83
WYOMING 73 FINAL
Jan 6 10:05 PM
- NCAA BB
COLORADO ST 34
WYOMING 27 HALFTIME
Jan 6 9:01 PM
- Shyatt steps down as Wyoming coach; Edwards is new coach Mar 21
- Colorado St. extends Eustachy, contract runs through 2019 Dec 8
- UNI holds off Wyoming Mar 20
- East Regional action pits Wyoming against Northern Iowa Mar 20
- Wyoming tops San Diego State for MWC title Mar 15
- Cowboys and Aztecs battle for MWC crown Mar 14
- Wyoming upsets Boise State in MWC semis Mar 14
- Cowboys hope to lasso Broncos in MWC semifinals Mar 13
- Wyoming outlasts Fresno State in triple OT Jan 18
- Cowboys visit Bulldogs in pivotal Mountain West clash Jan 17
- San Diego State tops No. 25 Wyoming Jan 15
- Aztecs challenge Cowboys in Mountain West showdown Jan 14