Florida Atlantic beats Troy 83-69Jan 8, 2010 - 2:18 AM BOCA RATON, Fla.(AP) -- Freshman Greg Gantt tied his career high with 24 points and two Florida Atlantic players tallied double-doubles in an 83-69 win over Troy on Thursday night.
Sanchez Hughley set career bests in points (19) and rebounds (11) for the Owls (6-9, 2-2 Sun Belt Conference), who lost both games against Troy last season. Brett Royster added 14 points and freshman Raymond Taylor finished with 11 points and 12 assists.
Leading 15-11 early in the first half, FAU put together a 13-4 run during a four-minute span and never looked back. The Owls led 48-29 at halftime.
Gantt hit a career-high six 3-pointers for the Owls, who nailed 10 of 23 shots from beyond the arc.
Richard Delk led the Trojans (8-7, 3-1) with 12 points, while Yamene Coleman scored 10 and grabbed 13 boards.
Troy, which saw its all-time series advantage drop to 17-7, had a two-game winning streak snapped.
- NCAA BB
FLA ATLANTIC 83 FINAL
Jan 7 8:53 PM
- NCAA BB
FLA ATLANTIC 48 HALFTIME
Jan 7 7:49 PM
- Florida State-FAU game delayed twice by problems with basket Dec 19
- Duke barely breaks a sweat in topping FAU Nov 15
- Blue Devils battle Owls in non-coference fray Nov 15
- Troy names Cunningham new men's basketball coach Mar 26
- Zeller, Hoosiers cruise past Florida Atlantic Dec 22
- Owls hope to soar past sixth-ranked Hoosiers Dec 21
- No. 11 North Carolina routs Florida International Nov 11
- Tar Heels and Owls meet to open Maui Invitational action Nov 11
- Hood helps Bulldogs down Owls Dec 14
- 17th-ranked Bulldogs battle Owls in Starkville Dec 13
- No. 17 Mississippi State routs Troy Dec 10
- Trojans hit road seeking upset of 17th-ranked Bulldogs Dec 10