Hansen, Lillard lead Weber State to 87-62 victoryJan 10, 2010 - 4:00 AM FLAGSTAFF, Ariz.(AP) -- Nick Hansen scored 17 points and Damian Lillard added 16 as Weber State beat Northern Arizona 87-62 Saturday night.
The Wildcats (10-7, 4-1 Big Sky) blew open a close game with a 21-7 run in the second half that put them ahead 71-52 with 5:51 remaining.
Weber State led 42-31 at halftime after shooting 53.3 percent from the field in the opening 20 minutes. The Wildcats outscored the Lumberjacks 22-10 in the paint in the first half, and 42-14 overall.
Northern Arizona (7-9, 1-4) got within 43-41 after opening the second half on a 10-1 run before Weber State pulled away.
Cameron Jones led the Lumberjacks with 16 points and Gabe Rogers added 13.
Kyle Bullinger added 13 points, Franklin Session 11 and Trevor Morris 10 for the Wildcats.
- NCAA BB
WEBER ST 87
NORTHRN ARIZONA 62 FINAL
Jan 9 10:35 PM
- NCAA BB
WEBER ST 42
NORTHRN ARIZONA 31 HALFTIME
Jan 9 9:30 PM
- Xavier pulls away from Weber State late for 71-53 win Mar 18
- Xavier opens tourney vs Weber St, hoping for deep run Mar 17
- Northern Arizona returns 4 players from CIT runner-up team Nov 4
- Evansville claims CIT title over Northern Arizona Apr 2
- Northern Arizona and Evansville clash for CIT crown Apr 2
- Northern Arizona coach suspended for fracas in Big Sky tourney Mar 15
- No. 19 Oklahoma blows past Weber State Dec 22
- Oklahoma hoping to bounce back in bout with Weber State Dec 22
- Gordon helps Arizona get past Weber State Mar 21
- Weber State faces tall task in clash with No. 1 seed Arizona Mar 21
- Tresnak guides Weber State past North Dakota for Big Sky title Mar 16
- North Dakota takes on Weber State in Big Sky title game Mar 15