North Florida beats Stetson 54-44Jan 10, 2010 - 9:37 PM DELAND, Fla.(AP) -- Brad Haugabrook scored 16 points and Jerron Granberry added 15, leading North Florida to a 54-44 win over Stetson on Sunday.
Haugabrook made 7 of 12 shots from the floor, while Granberry connected on 5 of 8 shots and made all four of his free throws in a game which the Ospreys (8-8, 3-3 Atlantic Sun Conference) made only 16 of 26 attempts from the stripe.
North Florida won for the seventh time in its past eight games. Stetson (3-11, 1-5) suffered its eighth loss in its past nine games.
Stetson got a double-double from freshman forward Ridge Graham, who scored 15 points and grabbed 14 rebounds. A.J. Smith, Stetson's leading scorer for the season, had 10 points, but played just 3 minutes in the second half after spraining an ankle.
Stetson got within 46-42 on a jumper by Graham with 2:36 to play, but North Florida scored six unanswered points to seal it.
- NCAA BB
NORTH FLORIDA 54
STETSON 44 FINAL
Jan 10 3:53 PM
- NCAA BB
NORTH FLORIDA 22
STETSON 20 HALFTIME
Jan 10 2:48 PM
- Stetson makes intriguing run to A-Sun final against FGCU Mar 5
- Stetson routs Albany State (Ga) 95-69 Dec 16
- Robert Morris rallies past North Florida in First Four Mar 18
- Colonials and Ospreys clash in NCAA Tournament Mar 18
- Ospreys and Spartans collide in A-Sun title bout Mar 8
- No. 5 Michigan State cruises past North Florida Dec 17
- Weary Ospreys come calling on fifth-ranked Spartans Dec 17
- No. 7 Ohio State crushes North Florida Nov 29
- Ospreys challenge undefeated Buckeyes Nov 29
- Irish beat up Stetson Nov 10
- No. 21 Notre Dame plays host to Stetson Nov 10
- No. 10 Gators fend off North Florida in opener Nov 9