Savannah St beats Cent. Connecticut St 73-63Jan 12, 2010 - 3:04 AM NEW BRITAIN, Conn.(AP) -- Tracy Rankins scored a season-high 25 points, leading Savannah State in a 73-63 win over Central Connecticut State on Monday night.
Patrick Hardy added 15 points, Arnold Louis chipped in 11 and Preston Blackmon had 10 for the Tigers (6-12), who snapped a four-game losing skid.
Rankins hit four 3-pointers, Hardy nailed three and Blackmon sank two more for the Tigers, who finished 9-for-12 from long range (75 percent). The Blue Devils were just 4-for-14 from beyond the arc (28.6 percent).
Blackmon also dished out 10 assists for the Tigers.
Rankins hit a pair of 3s to help spark a 19-4 Tigers run to open the game, and Savannah State never looked back.
David Simmons scored a career-high 22 points to lead the Blue Devils (4-11), who have lost five straight. Markeys Deans added 20 points, also a career high.
- NCAA BB
SAVANNAH ST 73
CENTRAL CONN 63 FINAL
Jan 11 9:27 PM
- NCAA BB
SAVANNAH ST 40
CENTRAL CONN 26 HALFTIME
Jan 11 8:19 PM
- Former UConn star Marshall to coach Central Connecticut Apr 6
- Dickenman retires after 20 years at Central Connecticut Feb 19
- CCSU holds off late charge by Robert Morris to win, 75-70 Feb 4
- Robert Morris uses late first-half run, beats CCSU 59-45 Jan 21
- Carter, Robinson carry BC past Central Conn. 82-57 Nov 19
- Hurricanes have easy time with Savannah State Dec 9
- Hurricanes hope to rebound in bout with visiting Tigers Dec 8
- Louisville destroys overmatched Savannah State Nov 24
- Cardinals expect to soar in clash with visiting Tigers Nov 24
- Baylor keeps home streak alive, routs Savannah State Jan 3
- Hapless Tigers tangle with surging Bears Jan 3
- Florida thumps Savannah State Dec 29