Hot-shooting Drake defeats Missouri State 88-77Jan 13, 2010 - 3:38 AM DES MOINES, Iowa(AP) -- Adam Templeton scored 16 points to lead four Drake players in double figures and the Bulldogs used great outside shooting to defeat Missouri State 88-77 Tuesday night.
Drake offset Missouri State's 52-24 edge in points in the paint by going 14-for-22 (64 percent) from 3-point range. The Bulldogs (7-11, 2-4 Missouri Valley) shot 68 percent from the field in racing to a 51-29 halftime lead and finished the night at 60 percent.
Drake's 3-point marksmanship was better than its performance at the free-throw line, where the Bulldogs were 14-for-23 (61 percent).
Ryan Wedel had 15 points for Drake, while Josh Young had 14 and Seth VanDeest 12.
Nafis Ricks and Caleb Patterson scored 17 points each for Missouri State (13-4, 3-3). Adam Leonard had 11 points, but was just 1-for-10 in 3-pointers as the Bears went 1-for-16 from long range. Kyle Weems had 10 points and nine rebounds.
- NCAA BB
MISSOURI ST 77
DRAKE 88 FINAL
Jan 12 10:03 PM
- NCAA BB
MISSOURI ST 29
DRAKE 51 HALFTIME
Jan 12 8:57 PM
- Drake hoping to turn corner in 2015-16 Oct 5
- Tuttle, UNI cruise past Missouri State Feb 15
- Bears face uphill climb in bout with 13th-ranked Panthers Feb 15
- VanVleet posts triple-double; Shockers slam Bears Feb 7
- Northern Iowa easily handles Drake Feb 7
- Shockers play host to Bears in MVC action Feb 7
- Bulldogs hit road to challenge 14th-ranked Panthers Feb 7
- No. 14 Wichita State routs Drake Jan 25
- Drake seeks upset of No. 14 Wichita State Jan 25
- No. 14 Wichita State blows past Missouri State Jan 21
- Bears face uphill climb in clash with Shockers Jan 21
- Northern Iowa downs Missouri State Jan 18