Central Michigan defeats Ball State, 53-38Jan 14, 2010 - 2:13 AM MT. PLEASANT, Mich.(AP) -- Chris Kellermann scored a game-high 14 points as Central Michigan defeated Ball State 53-38 in Mid-American Conference play Wednesday night.
Jordan Bitzer and Robbie Harman each had 12 points for Central Michigan (7-7, 2-0). William McClure led the team with nine rebounds.
Jauwan Scaife led the Cardinals (6-8, 1-1) with 12 points, and Randy Davis added nine. Jarrod Jones grabbed a game-high 11 rebounds.
The Chippewas never trailed as they opened the game on a 21-6 run and led 26-14 at the half. Scaife scored eight of those 14 points for the Cardinals.
Central Michigan extended their lead to 19 as they opened the second half on a 9-2 run. The Chippewas made 8 of 20 (40.0 percent) from beyond the arc, while the Cardinals were only able to make 2 of 15 (13.3 percent).
- NCAA BB
BALL ST 38
CENTRL MICHIGAN 53 FINAL
Jan 13 8:55 PM
- NCAA BB
BALL ST 14
CENTRL MICHIGAN 26 HALFTIME
Jan 13 7:52 PM
- Ball State hangs on to beat Valparaiso 69-66 Nov 28
- Buffalo downs Central Michigan for MAC title Mar 14
- Bulls lock horns with Chippewas in MAC title Mar 14
- No. 19 San Diego State cruises past Ball State Dec 21
- Cardinals pay visit to 19th-ranked Aztecs Dec 20
- No. 25 Utah takes care of Ball State Nov 15
- No. 25 Utah opens season against Ball State Nov 14
- Ball State names Whitford hoops coach Apr 6
- Ball State fires hoops coach Mar 14
- No. 2 Michigan holds off Central Michigan Dec 29
- Wolverines hope to avoid upset in clash with Chippewas Dec 29
- No. 1 Indiana dominates Ball State Nov 25