St. Peter's 77, Rider 66Jan 16, 2010 - 2:46 AM LAWRENCEVILLE, N.J. (AP) -- Wesley Jenkins scored 26 points, grabbed nine rebounds and hit four 3-pointers to lead St. Peter's over Rider 77-66 on Friday night.
Ryan Bacon recorded his third double-double of the season - and his second in as many games - scoring 18 points and pulling down 11 rebounds for the Peacocks (9-8, 4-3 Metro Atlantic Athletic Conference). Jeron Belin chipped in with 17 points.
Jenkins, who set a season high with 27 points in Monday's win against Niagara, tied a season best with four 3s on 10 attempts from long range. The Peacocks were 5 of 14 from beyond the arc (35.7 percent).
Rider hit six 3-pointers on 24 attempts from downtown (25 percent).
Bacon sank a season-high 12 free throws for the Peacocks, who took the lead for good with a 12-0 run midway through the opening half.
Justin Robinson scored 19 points for the Broncs (10-9, 3-4).
- NCAA BB
ST PETERS 77
RIDER 66 FINAL
Jan 15 9:13 PM
- NCAA BB
ST PETERS 38
RIDER 31 HALFTIME
Jan 15 7:57 PM
- Correction: T25-Rider-Maryland story Nov 23
- No. 20 Michigan State trounces Rider Nov 28
- Orlando Classic action pits Spartans against Broncs Nov 27
- No. 11 Kansas easily gets past Rider Nov 25
- Rider faces tall task in clash with Kansas Nov 24
- Villanova crushes Rider, moves to 11-0 Dec 21
- Villanova continues run against Rider Dec 21
- Dempsey leaving Rider for Binghamton May 24
- Baggett named Rider head coach May 24
- Report: Dempsey leaving Rider for Binghamton May 22
- No. 12 Florida rolls past Rider Dec 9
- Rider heads to Sunshine State to tangle with No. 12 Florida Dec 9