Siena defeats Fairfield 81-73Jan 17, 2010 - 12:04 AM BRIDGEPORT, Conn.(AP) -- Clarence Jackson hit six 3-pointers and scored 22 points to lead Siena to an 81-73 victory over Fairfield on Saturday.
The Saints (14-4, 7-0 Metro Atlantic Athletic Conference), who won their seventh straight game, were 9-for-18 from the 3-point line (50 percent). They've won 23 of their past 24 conference games and are the only MAAC team with an undefeated conference mark.
Siena opened the second half on a 16-4 run and led the final 18:46, but Fairfield (12-5, 5-2) cut the deficit to 79-73 on Mike Evanovich's 3-pointer with 19 seconds remaining. The Stags could get no closer as Ryan Rossiter hit two free throws for Siena.
Rossiter had 17 points and 10 rebounds. Alex Franklin scored 16 and Edwin Ubiles added 15 for Siena.
Yorel Hawkins scored 20, Derek Needham had 16, Ryan Olander had 14 points and 10 rebounds, and Anthony Johnson added 12 points for Fairfield.
- NCAA BB
FAIRFIELD 73 FINAL
Jan 16 5:58 PM
- NCAA BB
FAIRFIELD 44 HALFTIME
Jan 16 4:48 PM
- Siena's Ogunyemi won't have to sit out after transfers Oct 30
- No. 4 Duke reaches triple digits in rout of Fairfield Nov 15
- No. 4 Duke gets right back to work against Fairfield Nov 15
- Siena extends Patsos' contract Jun 18
- Siena downs Fresno State in CBI final Apr 5
- Bulldogs and Saints meet in CBI rubber match Apr 5
- Fresno State routs Siena, ties CBI Apr 2
- Siena seeks CBI crown in showdown with Fresno State Apr 2
- Saints and Bulldogs square off in CBI title series Mar 31
- Memphis rolls to win over Siena Nov 29
- Siena faces tall task in clash with No. 21 Memphis Nov 28
- Harrell lifts Louisville over Fairfield Nov 23