Texas Southern defeats Grambling State 74-59Jan 17, 2010 - 4:40 AM GRAMBLING, La.(AP) -- Travele Jones and Junior Treasure each scored 19 points, and Texas Southern beat Grambling State 74-59 on Saturday to break an eight-game road losing streak.
Deandre Hall had a double-double with 15 points and 10 rebounds, and Patrick Johnson added 10 points for Texas Southern (7-9, 3-12 Southwestern Athletic Conference), which had lost four of its previous five games.
Texas Southern led 26-21 at halftime and used an 18-4 run to build its biggest lead at 60-38 after a layup by Treasure with 7:03 to play in the game.
The lead never dipped below 11 points the rest of the game.
Texas Southern shot 66.7 percent from the field (18 of 27) in the second half to put the game away. Texas Southern shot 52.9 percent (27 of 51) for the game.
Lance Fuertado had a game-high 23 points and Donald Qualls added 13 points for Grambling State (4-9, 2-3).
- NCAA BB
TEXAS SOUTHERN 74
GRAMBLING 59 FINAL
Jan 16 7:25 PM
- NCAA BB
TEXAS SOUTHERN 26
GRAMBLING 21 HALFTIME
Jan 16 6:27 PM
- Arizona cruises by Texas Southern Mar 19
- Arizona starts tournament play against Texas Southern Mar 19
- Texas Southern rallies late, wins SWAC title Mar 14
- Tigers, Jaguars meet in SWAC title clash Mar 14
- TCU thumps Grambling State Dec 23
- Texas Southern stuns No. 25 Michigan State in OT Dec 20
- Weary Tigers visit 25th-ranked Spartans Dec 20
- Washington routs Grambling State Dec 18
- Tigers face tall task in clash with 16th-ranked Huskies Dec 17
- Gonzaga crushes Texas Southern Dec 16
- Tigers face uphill climb in clash with Bulldogs Dec 15
- Cal Poly shuts down Texas Southern to advance in NCAA Tournament Mar 19