Jackson leads Pepperdine past San Francisco 83-68Jan 17, 2010 - 5:30 AM MALIBU, Calif.(AP) -- Pepperdine is 3-0 in the West Coast Conference for the first time since 2002 after an 83-68 victory Saturday over San Francisco.
Five Waves players scored in double figures and accounted for all but two of Pepperdine's point total. Lorne Jackson led the way with a career-high 21 points; Taylor Darby tied a career high with 15 points and added 12 rebounds; Keion Bell had 18 points, a career-high nine assists and eight rebounds; and Mychal Thompson (15 points) and Jonathan Dupre (12) were also in double figures.
Pepperdine (7-12, 3-0) and 17th-ranked Gonzaga are the only unbeaten teams in the West Coast Conference, and will meet Thursday in Spokane, Wash.
Dior Lowhorn had 14 points, Kwame Vaughn 13, Angelo Caloiaro 12 and Michael Williams 10 for San Francisco (7-12, 2-2).
The Dons were within 64-62 before Pepperdine went on an 11-2 run to put it away.
- NCAA BB
SAN FRANCISCO 68
PEPPERDINE 83 FINAL
Jan 16 11:54 PM
- NCAA BB
SAN FRANCISCO 35
PEPPERDINE 38 HALFTIME
Jan 16 10:47 PM
- New San Francisco coach Kyle Smith seeks another turnaround Apr 1
- Kyle Smith new San Francisco basketball coach Mar 30
- San Francisco fires coach Rex Walters after 8 seasons Mar 9
- Pepperdine extends Wilson Jun 5
- Gonzaga beats Pepperdine to reach WCC final Mar 10
- Bulldogs battle Waves in WCC semifinals Mar 9
- Gonzaga rallies to down San Francisco Mar 8
- Dons challenge Zags in WCC Tournament action Mar 7
- Gonzaga slips past Pepperdine in 2nd half Feb 14
- Waves hope to come crashing down on third-ranked Bulldogs Feb 14
- Gonzaga holds off San Francisco Feb 8
- No. 3 Gonzaga edges Pepperdine Jan 16