Hampton holds off North Carolina A&T 65-55Jan 19, 2010 - 4:20 AM GREENSBORO, N.C.(AP) -- Kwame Morgan came off the bench to score 13 points and Hampton beat North Carolina A&T 65-55 on Monday night.
Michael Freeman had a double-double with 11 points and 11 rebounds for the Pirates (5-12, 2-3 Mid-Eastern Athletic Conference), who snapped a two-game losing streak. Darrien Pellum and Charles Funches each scored 10 points for the Pirates.
Leading 8-7, the Pirates went on a 28-11 run to take their biggest lead of the game at 36-18 with 3:02 to play in the first half. A 3-pointer by Morgan capped the run. The lead never dipped below eight points the rest of the game.
Dwane Joshua had a game-high 18 points, Thomas Coleman added 16 and Tavarus Alston had 10 for the Aggies (5-13, 1-4), who lost their fourth straight. The previous three losses each were decided by seven points or less.
- NCAA BB
NC A&T 55 FINAL
Jan 18 10:34 PM
- NCAA BB
NC A&T 28 HALFTIME
Jan 18 9:26 PM
- UVa routs Hampton 81-45 after Bennett collapses, returns Mar 17
- No. 1 seed Virginia keeps focus on Hampton - not Spartans Mar 16
- Veteran North Carolina aims to end where it starts: at No. 1 Nov 2
- Kentucky starts slow, still pummels Hampton Mar 20
- No. 1 Kentucky opens with matchup against Hampton Mar 19
- Hampton tops Manhattan, advances to play Kentucky Mar 18
- Hampton and Manhattan open NCAA Tournament Mar 17
- Hampton tops Delaware State for MEAC title Mar 14
- Hampton, Delaware State battle in MEAC championship Mar 14
- No. 12 Ohio State routs NC A&T Dec 17
- Hapless Aggies challenge mighty Buckeyes Dec 17
- No. 23 Syracuse takes down Hampton Nov 16