Texas Southern defeats Jackson State 51-44Jan 19, 2010 - 4:29 AM JACKSON, Miss.(AP) -- Junior Treasure scored 15 points and Deandre Hall added 12 to help Texas Southern defeat Jackson State 51-44 on Monday night.
Trailing 10-8 midway through the first half, Texas Southern (8-9, 4-1 Southwestern Athletic Conference) went on an 11-2 run and led the rest of the way. Treasure's layup capped the run for a 21-10 Texas Southern lead with 1:24 left until halftime.
Texas Southern held Jackson State (6-11, 4-1) to 19 percent shooting in the first half (4 of 21) for a 21-12 advantage at the break.
Jackson State opened the second half on an 18-7 run and led 30-28 on Garrison Johnson's jumper with 12 minutes left.
Texas Southern answered with a 10-2 run, capped by Timothy Price's layup with 4:45 remaining. Jackson State wouldn't get any closer than four the rest of the way.
Garrison Johnson had 17 points for Jackson State, which snapped a six-game winning streak.
- NCAA BB
TEXAS SOUTHERN 51
JACKSON ST 44 FINAL
Jan 18 10:56 PM
- NCAA BB
TEXAS SOUTHERN 21
JACKSON ST 12 HALFTIME
Jan 18 9:55 PM
- Arizona cruises by Texas Southern Mar 19
- Arizona starts tournament play against Texas Southern Mar 19
- Texas Southern rallies late, wins SWAC title Mar 14
- Tigers, Jaguars meet in SWAC title clash Mar 14
- Texas Southern stuns No. 25 Michigan State in OT Dec 20
- Weary Tigers visit 25th-ranked Spartans Dec 20
- Gonzaga crushes Texas Southern Dec 16
- Tigers face uphill climb in clash with Bulldogs Dec 15
- Cal Poly shuts down Texas Southern to advance in NCAA Tournament Mar 19
- Mustangs and Tigers duke it out for spot in field of 64 Mar 19
- Texas Southern ends Prairie View's Cinderella run, wins SWAC Mar 15
- Memphis outlasts Jackson State Dec 28