Holy Cross pulls away, defeats Navy 79-60Jan 21, 2010 - 3:12 AM WORCESTER, Mass.(AP) -- R.J. Evans scored 20 points and Andrew Keister had 13 points and 11 rebounds to lead Holy Cross to a 79-60 victory over Navy on Wednesday night.
The Crusaders (5-14, 2-2 Patriot League) shot 70 percent from the field (14-for-20) in the second half and finished the game on a 20-4 run to pull away.
Holy Cross led 59-56 with 8:18 to play, but pushed its advantage to 71-60 on Devin Brown's 3-pointer with 4:04 remaining. Mike Cavataio's jumper and Evans' two free throws gave the Crusaders a 75-60 lead with 1:49 remaining.
Evans was 8-for-12 from the field and Cavataio was 7-for-11 to finish with 13 points. Eric Meister added eight rebounds as Holy Cross outrebounded Navy 37-28.
Jordan Sugars, Jeremy Wilson and Chris Harris scored 13 points each to lead Navy (8-11, 2-2), which was 0-for-9 from the 3-point line in the second half.
- NCAA BB
HOLY CROSS 79 FINAL
Jan 20 8:56 PM
- NCAA BB
HOLY CROSS 37 HALFTIME
Jan 20 7:55 PM
- Tyler Dorsey a catalyst to Oregon's surge for No. 1 seed Mar 17
- Unlikely qualifier Holy Cross plays Southern in First Four Mar 15
- Holy Carmody! Crusaders name their coach Mar 19
- Holy Cross fires Brown after 5 seasons Mar 6
- Holy Cross shocks Harvard Nov 16
- Beantown brawl pits Crimson against Crusaders Nov 16
- Michigan State avoids upset in Annapolis Nov 15
- No. 18 Michigan State opens campaign at Navy Nov 14
- Holy Cross visits Brown to open CIT Mar 17
- Paige, No. 12 North Carolina hold off Holy Cross Nov 15
- 12th-ranked Tar Heels collide with Crusaders Nov 15
- Holy Cross extends head coach Brown Jul 10