Smith scores 22 to help Stetson beat Mercer 76-69Jan 23, 2010 - 2:52 AM DELAND, Fla.(AP) -- A.J. Smith scored 22 points to lead Stetson to a 76-69 win over Mercer on Friday night.
Smith, a senior guard, scored eight of the Hatters' last 13 points in a game that Stetson (5-12, 3-6 Atlantic Sun Conference) led from start to finish. Ridge Graham and Mark Lohuis each added 15 points for the Hatters.
Mercer's James Florence led all scorers with 25 points, while Daniel Emerson chipped in 18 points.
The Bears (9-9, 5-3) got within a point, 40-39, with 13:31 to play before Stetson went on a 13-3 run highlighted by two Lohuis 3-pointers. Stetson's largest lead was 14 points, 60-46, after Tyshawn Patterson's layup with 6:57 to play.
Stetson made a season-high 12 3-pointers with Lohuis matching his career best with five field goals from behind the arc. The Hatters also shot a season-high 50.9 percent from the floor, making 28 of 55 field goal attempts.
- NCAA BB
STETSON 76 FINAL
Jan 22 9:05 PM
- NCAA BB
STETSON 31 HALFTIME
Jan 22 7:53 PM
- Stetson makes intriguing run to A-Sun final against FGCU Mar 5
- Stetson routs Albany State (Ga) 95-69 Dec 16
- Tennessee cruises past Mercer to reach Sweet 16 Mar 23
- Mercer seeks another upset in clash with Tennessee Mar 23
- Mercer's late rally stuns Duke Mar 21
- Blue Devils and Bears meet in Midwest Regional battle Mar 21
- Mercer takes out Florida Gulf Coast for Atlantic Sun crown Mar 9
- Eagles and Bears meet in A-Sun title game Mar 9
- Irish beat up Stetson Nov 10
- No. 21 Notre Dame plays host to Stetson Nov 10
- Alexander leaves Stetson to take Lipscomb job May 18
- Florida Gulf Coast downs Mercer for Atlantic Sun Tournament crown Mar 9