Dragovic, Nelson lead UCLA to 74-62 victoryJan 23, 2010 - 11:21 PM LOS ANGELES(AP) -- Reeves Nelson and Nikola Dragovic scored eight points each during a decisive second-half run that sparked UCLA to a 74-62 victory over Washington State on Saturday.
The Bruins (9-10, 4-3 Pac-10) led by two points early in the second half before outscoring the Cougars 16-3 to make it 48-33 with 11:14 remaining. Washington State (14-6, 4-4), which never led, didn't get closer than seven points the rest of the way.
Nelson scored all but four of his 19 points in the second half, and Dragovic had 16 of his 18 after halftime for the Bruins, who have won two straight after losing three of four.
UCLA is 52-2 against Washington State in Los Angeles and leads the series 96-14.
Reggie Moore led Washington State with 24 points - one shy of his career high. Klay Thompson, who brought a conference-leading 22.8-point average into the game, finished with 13 points.
- NCAA BB
WASHINGTON ST 62
UCLA 74 FINAL
Jan 23 6:03 PM
- NCAA BB
HALFTIME 1ST 2ND TOTAL
--- --- -----
WASHINGTON STATE 27 27
UCLA 30 30 HALFTIME
HIGH SCORERS AT HALFTIME
WASHINGTON STATE - REGGIE MOORE 12, KLAY THOMPSON 6, NIKOLA
UCLA - MUSTAFA ABDUL-HAMID 8, MALCOLM LEE 7,
MICHAEL ROLL 5
Jan 23 4:51 PM
- Michigan-UCLA basketball to play home-and-home series May 13
- 3 Washington State players declare for NBA draft Apr 15
- Que Johnson decides to leave Washington St basketball team Apr 12
- UCLA guard Bryce Alford recovering from hit to jaw Mar 6
- Washington cruises past Division II Golden Eagles 74-57 Nov 25
- Washington State Cougars reject last place prediction Oct 28
- Washington St Preview Capsule Oct 28
- UCLA has deep, balanced team in Steve Alford's 3rd season Oct 28
- UCLA Preview Capsule Oct 28
- UCLA freshman Looney declares for NBA Draft Apr 6
- Gonzaga advances after pulling away from UCLA Mar 28
- UCLA and Gonzaga square off in South Region semifinals Mar 27