Morehead State defeats Eastern Kentucky 69-53Jan 24, 2010 - 2:56 AM RICHMOND, Ky.(AP) -- Kenneth Faried had 20 points and 16 rebounds, and Morehead State beat Eastern Kentucky 69-53 on Saturday night.
Maze Stallworth added 15 points and Demonte Harper had 13 for the Eagles (14-6, 8-1 Ohio Valley Conference), who have won 10 in a row and five of their past six against Eastern Kentucky.
The Colonels had their 19-game home winning streak snapped, which was the sixth-longest streak in the nation.
The Eagles stretched a 28-24 halftime lead to 38-31, then went on a 16-6 run to take their largest lead of the game at 54-37. Stallworth capped the run with a 3-pointer with 8:52 to play. The Colonels cut the lead to 54-47 with 5:25 remaining, but the Eagles closed out the game with a 15-6 run.
Papa Oppong scored 14 points and Joshua Jones added 11 for the Colonels (14-7, 6-3).
- NCAA BB
MOREHEAD ST 69
EASTRN KENTUCKY 53 FINAL
Jan 23 9:10 PM
- NCAA BB
MOREHEAD ST 28
EASTRN KENTUCKY 24 HALFTIME
Jan 23 7:54 PM
- Morehead State beats Jacksonville State 82-71 Feb 27
- Morehead State routs NAIA St. Catharine 105-66 Feb 16
- Racers rally to beat Morehead State in OVC semis Mar 7
- Eagles challenge Racers in OVC semifinals Mar 6
- No. 18 Miami falls at home to Eastern Kentucky Dec 19
- Colonels seek upset of 18th-ranked Hurricanes Dec 19
- Offense carries Buckeyes past Morehead State Dec 13
- Eagles and Buckeyes square off in non-conference action Dec 13
- Towns, Kentucky rout EKU Dec 8
- Top-ranked Wildcats play host to Colonels Dec 7
- Eastern Kentucky extends Neubauer's contract May 5
- Kansas advances with win over EKU Mar 21