Alabama State defeats Southern University 77-60Jan 26, 2010 - 4:34 AM BATON ROUGE, La.(AP) -- Menji Mundadi scored a career-high 29 points to lead Alabama State in a 77-60 victory over Southern University on Monday night.
Mundadi shot 7-for-14 from 3-point range for the Hornets (8-10, 5-2 Southwestern Athletic Conference), who have now won four games in a row. Tramayne Moorer added 22 points.
Alabama State ended the first half with a 14-2 run to take a 42-23 halftime lead. The Hornets maintained their lead, and would lead by as many as 26 points, after a 3-pointer from Mendadi made the score 57-31 with 14:52 remaining.
The Jaguars (3-17, 1-7) were led by Julius Ingram and Doug Scott, who scored 18 points each. Southern has now lost five straight games.
Alabama State shot 47.6 percent from 3-point range (10-for-21), while the Jaguars were only 27.3 percent from beyond the arc (3-for-11).
- NCAA BB
ALABAMA ST 77
SOUTHERN 60 FINAL
Jan 25 11:12 PM
- NCAA BB
ALABAMA ST 42
SOUTHERN 23 HALFTIME
Jan 25 9:59 PM
- Unlikely qualifier Holy Cross plays Southern in First Four Mar 15
- Samford tops VMI in OT, 92-85, advances in SoCon tourney Mar 4
- Texas Southern rallies late, wins SWAC title Mar 14
- Tigers, Jaguars meet in SWAC title clash Mar 14
- No. 22 Baylor survives scare against Southern Dec 22
- Iowa State takes care of Southern Dec 15
- Cyclones hope to blow past visiting Jaguars Dec 14
- Baylor routs Southern Dec 22
- Southern hits road seeking upset of No. 12 Baylor Dec 22
- No. 1 Arizona beats Southern, moves to 12-0 Dec 20
- Top-ranked Wildcats set sights on Jaguars Dec 19
- No. 16 Florida gets past Southern Nov 18