Drexel beats Northeastern 61-48Jan 28, 2010 - 4:01 AM BOSTON(AP) -- Chris Fouch and Jamie Harris scored 13 points apiece as Drexel beat Northeastern 61-48 on Wednesday night, sweeping the season series between the teams.
It was the second straight year the Dragons defeated the Huskies on the road when Northeastern was atop the Colonial Athletic Association standings. The Dragons also beat them 49-47 on Dec. 5 this season.
Samme Givens grabbed 10 boards for the Dragons (12-10, 7-3). It was the fifth time in the last six games he has had at least 10 rebounds. Leon Spencer came off the bench to score nine points, grab nine rebounds and block two shots.
The Dragons outrebounded the Huskies 46-30.
Nkem Ojougboh led Northeastern (13-8, 8-2) with 14 points and five blocks. Chaisson Allen also added 13 points and Matt Janning had 10 points for the Huskies, who had their 11-game winning streak snapped.
NORTHEASTERN 48 FINAL
Jan 27 9:27 PM
- NCAA BB
NORTHEASTERN 19 HALFTIME
Jan 27 7:48 PM
- Drexel hires Army's Zach Spiker as basketball coach. Mar 25
- Drexel fires coach Bruiser Flint after 15 seasons Mar 7
- Lee transfers to Louisville Apr 23
- Irish survive upset bid in NCAA opener Mar 19
- Midwest Regional action pits Irish against Huskies Mar 19
- Northeastern dancing for first time since 1991 Mar 9
- Huskies and Tribe meet for CAA crown Mar 9
- Drexel can't hold early lead, falls to No. 4 Arizona Nov 27
- Wildcats set sights on Dragons in NIT Season Tip-Off Nov 27
- UCLA wins opener over Drexel Nov 9
- Alford era begins, as Bruins battle Dragons Nov 8
- James Madison wins CAA crown, ends NCAA tourney drought Mar 12