Fairleigh-Dickinson defeats Bryant 67-55Jan 29, 2010 - 4:05 AM SMITHFIELD, R.I.(AP) -- Terence Grier and Sean Baptiste each scored 20 points, and Fairleigh-Dickinson handed Bryant its 23rd straight loss 67-55 on Thursday night.
Grier matched his season high and made 8 of 10 field goal attempts, including going 3-for-3 from 3-point range. Alvin Mofunanya added 10 points for the Knights (6-15, 5-4), who won their second game in a row. It was the Knights' second win over Bryant this season.
Bryant led by two points, 38-36, with 14:02 to play before the Knights went on a 17-5 run to grab a 53-43 lead with 5:58 to play. A 3-pointer by Baptiste capped the run.
Strong shooting in the second helped the Knights put away the Bulldogs. The Knights shot 55.6 percent (10-for-18) in the second half and finished at 51.2 percent (22-for-43).
Barry Latham scored 16 points, Chris Birrell added 12 and Vlad Kondratyev had 11 for the Bulldogs (0-21, 0-9).
- NCAA BB
FAIR DICKINSON 67
BRYANT 55 FINAL
Jan 28 9:22 PM
- NCAA BB
FAIR DICKINSON 29
BRYANT 27 HALFTIME
Jan 28 8:19 PM
- Thomas Bryant to return for sophomore season at Indiana Apr 7
- Fla. Gulf Coast, Fairleigh Dickinson face off in First Four Mar 15
- Coach Herenda has Fairleigh Dickinson back in NCAA Tourney Mar 12
- Pryor leads Robert Morris over Fairleigh Dickinson 72-70 Feb 13
- Robert Morris cruises past Bryant 89-71 Feb 6
- Robert Morris never trails in 65-54 win over Bryant Jan 23
- Harrison, St. John's pull away from FDU Dec 11
- Red Storm set sights on Knights Dec 10
- UConn opens title defense with comeback win over Bryant Nov 15
- UConn begins title defense against Bryant Nov 14
- Smith, Ohio State rout Bryant Dec 11
- Buckeyes and Bulldogs battle in Gotham Classic Dec 11