Stohl hits 22 as Portland tops San Francisco 74-58Jan 29, 2010 - 6:25 AM SAN FRANCISCO(AP) -- Jared Stohl tied his season high with 22 points, including six 3-pointers, as Portland pulled away in the second half for a 74-58 victory over San Francisco on Thursday night.
Stohl, who had a career-high 33 points against San Francisco last year, nailed four 3-pointers in less than four minutes to help the Pilots (13-7, 4-2 West Coast) build a 58-47 lead with 10 minutes remaining. The Dons (7-14, 2-4) never got within single digits again.
Stohl has started three consecutive games in place of injured leading scorer Nik Raivio and provided a total of 58 points to help Portland win all three.
Rashad Green scored a team-high 14 points for the Dons, who committed 18 turnovers that Portland converted into 22 points.
T.J. Campbell added 19 points for the Pilots.
- NCAA BB
SAN FRANCISCO 58 FINAL
Jan 29 1:04 AM
- NCAA BB
SAN FRANCISCO 30 HALFTIME
Jan 28 11:55 PM
- Terry Porter introduced as new Portland Pilots coach Apr 5
- Portland Pilots hire Terry Porter as basketball coach Apr 2
- New San Francisco coach Kyle Smith seeks another turnaround Apr 1
- Kyle Smith new San Francisco basketball coach Mar 30
- San Francisco fires coach Rex Walters after 8 seasons Mar 9
- Wintering sparks Portland past Abilene Christian, 87-57 Nov 23
- Gonzaga rallies to down San Francisco Mar 8
- Dons challenge Zags in WCC Tournament action Mar 7
- Gonzaga holds off San Francisco Feb 8
- No. 3 Gonzaga routs Portland Jan 30
- Pilots hope to fly past third-ranked Bulldogs Jan 29
- No. 6 Gonzaga cruises past San Francisco Jan 9