Willard lead Pacific UC Riverside 72-57Jan 31, 2010 - 4:26 AM RIVERSIDE, Calif.(AP) -- Sam Willard scored 20 points and Pacific hit 11 3-pointers in a 72-57 victory over UC Riverside on Saturday night.
Demetrece Young added 13 points and Joe Ford had 10 for the Tigers (14-6, 7-1 Big West), who maintained their hold on first place in the conference.
Sean Cunningham led the Highlanders (8-13, 2-7) with 11 points.
Leading 22-18 with 6:40 left in the first half, Pacific went on a 10-4 run over the next 4 1/2 minutes and led by double digits the rest of the way.
After going into the break up 37-24, the Tigers, who committed only four turnovers, pushed their advantage to as much as 23 in the second half.
Bryson Hampton had 10 points for Riverside.
- NCAA BB
UC RIVERSIDE 57 FINAL
Jan 30 9:58 PM
- NCAA BB
UC RIVERSIDE 24 HALFTIME
Jan 30 8:51 PM
- Pacific hires Damon Stoudamire as new basketball coach Mar 16
- Suspended Pacific coach Ron Verlin leaves school Mar 3
- Wiltjer's career-high 45 points guides Gonzaga past Pacific Feb 20
- No. 3 Gonzaga sets sights on WCC crown Feb 19
- Gonzaga routs Pacific Jan 24
- Tigers face uphill climb in clash with third-ranked Zags Jan 24
- Highlanders and Aztecs mix it up in non-conference action Dec 22
- No. 25 Utah hammers UC Riverside Nov 21
- Utes seek turnaround against visiting Highlanders Nov 21
- No. 24 Gonzaga handles Pacific Jan 5
- Pacific comes calling on No. 24 Gonzaga Jan 4
- Oregon tops Pacific Nov 29