Colorado State defeats slumping Utah 65-50Feb 4, 2010 - 3:46 AM SALT LAKE CITY(AP) -- Andy Ogide scored 14 and grabbed nine rebounds to lead Colorado State over slumping Utah 65-50 Wednesday night.
Travis Busch and Dorian Green each had 13 points for the Rams (13-9, 4-4 Mountain West). Busch, a senior transfer, tied his career high, set last season with Minnesota.
Colorado State didn't allow Utah (10-12, 3-5) to score for the first five minutes and shut out the Utes for more than five minutes down the stretch. The Rams beat Utah for the first time since Jim Boylen became the Utes coach before the 2007-08 season.
Carlon Brown and Jay Watkins paced Utah with 13 points apiece, but the Utes couldn't overcome 16 turnovers and their lowest point total of the season.
David Foster blocked nine shots - the second-highest single-game total in school history - for Utah, which has lost four of its last five games.
- NCAA BB
COLORADO ST 65
UTAH 50 FINAL
Feb 3 9:59 PM
- NCAA BB
COLORADO ST 30
UTAH 29 HALFTIME
Feb 3 8:48 PM
- Utah center Jakob Poeltl declares for NBA draft Apr 13
- Gonzaga's Sabonis gets best of Utah's Poeltl Mar 20
- Air up there: Zags, Utah features rare meeting of big men Mar 18
- Throwback centers featured in Denver's Midwest Regional Mar 16
- Seniors Taylor, Loveridge have No. 13 Utah rolling to finish Mar 3
- Taylor leads No. 22 Utah over No. 9 Arizona 70-64 Feb 27
- Athletic big man Jakob Poeltl shines in post for Utah Feb 16
- Utah coach Krystkowiak says time to put 'big boy pants' on Feb 9
- Utah coach says 'toxic' atmosphere halted BYU series Jan 11
- Utah cancels basketball game against BYU next season Jan 6
- Colorado St. extends Eustachy, contract runs through 2019 Dec 8
- No. 16 Utah, Krystkowiak look to pick up offensive pace Nov 11