Portland State turns back Sacramento State 76-62Feb 6, 2010 - 5:12 AM SACRAMENTO, Calif.(AP) -- Julius Thomas had 16 points and six rebounds and Dominic Waters added 15 points and four assists to help Portland State beat Sacramento State 76-62 on Friday night.
Jamie Jones had 14 points, nine rebounds and four blocked shots, Alonzo Brandon scored 12 points and Paul Guede had 11 for the Vikings (10-12, 5-5 Big Sky).
Justin Eller led the Hornets (8-16, 2-9) with 18 points and five rebounds. Sultan Toles-Bey scored 12 and John Dickson 11.
After four ties in the second half, the Vikings took a commanding 56-46 lead with 7:05 remaining.
The Hornets cut the margin to 63-58 on a 3-pointer by Mike Marcial with 2:53 left, but the Vikings finished the game on a 13-4 run.
Sacramento State made 13 of 25 shots and led 31-28 at the break.
- NCAA BB
PORTLAND ST 76
SACRAMENTO ST 62 FINAL
Feb 5 11:54 PM
- NCAA BB
PORTLAND ST 28
SACRAMENTO ST 31 HALFTIME
Feb 5 10:44 PM
- Gonzaga pounds Sacramento State Nov 15
- Bulldogs get underway in showdown with Hornets Nov 14
- Adams leads the way again as UCLA rolls Nov 19
- Hornets hoping to sting Bruins Nov 18
- Oklahoma State handles Portland State Nov 25
- Vikings hope to navigate past 20th-ranked Cowboys Nov 25
- Weber State holds off Portland State 69-60 Mar 9
- Portland St. 68, Montana St. 65 Mar 7
- Portland State slips past Montana State 68-65 Mar 7
- Garcia leads Seattle past Portland State 93-80 Mar 4
- Waters, Portland State upend Weber State 84-79 Feb 28
- Northern Colorado defeats Sacramento State, 78-66 Feb 28