Gardner Webb defeats Charleston Southern 82-73Feb 7, 2010 - 3:49 AM CHARLESTON, S.C.(AP) -- C.J. Hailey scored a career-high 30 points and Gardner-Webb defeated Charleston Southern 82-73 on Saturday night.
The Runnin' Bulldogs (7-16, 4-9 Big South Conference) shot 65 percent from the field (26 of 40) and made 50 percent of their 3-pointers (7 of 14) to snap a four-game losing streak.
Hailey, who made his first nine shots, finished 9 of 10 from the field and 9 of 10 from the free throw line.
Gardner Webb outscored the Buccaneers 10-0 to end the first half and take a 36-32 lead into halftime. The Runnin' Bulldogs shot 65 percent (13 of 20) in the first half, overcoming 14 turnovers.
Anton Silver added 15 points for Gardner-Webb, which won its fifth straight against Charleston Southern.
The Buccaneers (11-12, 6-7) were led Jeremy Sexton with 23 points and Jemarco Warren with 21.
- NCAA BB
CHARLESTON SOU 73 FINAL
Feb 6 9:41 PM
- NCAA BB
CHARLESTON SOU 32 HALFTIME
Feb 6 8:31 PM
- Colorado State cruises past Charleston Southern Dec 23
- Arizona runs away from Gardner-Webb in second half Dec 2
- Bulldogs hit road seeking upset of third-ranked Wildcats Dec 2
- Duke takes care of Gardner-Webb Dec 16
- Runnin' Bulldogs seek upset of mighty Blue Devils Dec 16
- Baylor holds off Charleston Southern Nov 21
- Plenty of points expected in bout between Bucs and Bears Nov 20
- Bairstow leads Lobos over Buccaneers Nov 17
- Bucs and Lobos mix it up at The Pit Nov 17
- Liberty wins Big South, going dancing with 20 losses Mar 10
- Buccaneers and Flames battle for Big South crown Mar 10
- Gardner-Webb moves on with rout of Campbell Mar 7