Yale cruises past Columbia 79-64Feb 7, 2010 - 2:35 AM NEW YORK(AP) -- Alex Zampier scored 18 points, Greg Mangano had 12 points and 10 rebounds for his third double-double of the season and Yale cruised to a 79-64 win over Columbia on Saturday night.
The Bulldogs (9-14, 3-3 Ivy League) ended a two-game skid while snapping the Lions' two-game winning streak.
Yale never trailed, jumping out to an 18-7 lead and a 48-29 halftime advantage.
Columbia (8-12, 2-4) cut the deficit to 12 at 54-42 with 12:41 to go, but the Bulldogs answered with a 7-1 run and pulled away.
Yale was 32-for-38 from the free throw line, while Columbia was 24-for-34.
Zampier was 8-for-8 from the line, but only 4-for-13 from the field. Paul Nelson added 13 points for the Bulldogs.
Noruwa Agho made 15 of 18 foul shots for the Lions and tied his season high with 30 points. No other Columbia player scored in double figures.
Yale outrebounded Columbia 46-27.
- NCAA BB
COLUMBIA 64 FINAL
Feb 6 9:03 PM
- NCAA BB
COLUMBIA 29 HALFTIME
Feb 6 7:46 PM
- Columbia hires Jim Engles as new basketball coach Apr 5
- Defending champ Duke, upstart Yale ready for 2nd round clash Mar 18
- From controversy to NCAA upset artist, Yale eyeing more Mar 18
- Yale blocks out captain's dismissal heading to NCAA tourney Mar 16
- Former Yale captain says he'll sue school over expulsion Mar 14
- Yale, without captain, celebrates first bid in 54 years Mar 13
- Yale team navigates campus anger amid NCAA Tournament bid Mar 10
- Yale captain Montague won't return to Ivy league leaders Feb 24
- Lo's 8 3s lead Columbia to 78-71 win over Robert Morris Dec 14
- Harvard edges Yale in thriller for Ivy League title Mar 15
- No. 1 Kentucky rallies to beat Columbia Dec 10
- No. 1 Kentucky plays host to Columbia Dec 10