Texas Tech beats Oklahoma State 81-74Feb 6, 2010 - 9:22 PM By BETSY BLANEY Associated Press Writer
LUBBOCK, Texas(AP) -- John Roberson scored a season-high 28 points to lead Texas Tech past Oklahoma State 81-74 on Saturday.
The win halted a two-game skid for the Red Raiders (15-7, 3-5 Big 12) and extended the Cowboys' losing streak to three.
The Red Raiders started the second half with a 13-4 run to go up 48-30 with about 15 minutes remaining. They had no turnovers in the first 10 minutes.
The Cowboys used an 18-7 run to pull within 63-57, and cut the deficit to 65-61 on two free throws by Ray Penn with 3:38 left but could get no closer.
Keiton Page scored 22 points to lead Oklahoma State (16-7, 4-5).
Texas Tech held James Anderson, the nation's seventh-leading scorer (22.8 average), to 10 points, matching his season low. He fouled out with 5:02 left. Anderson had 28 points in the Cowboys' win over the Red Raiders in January.
- NCAA BB
OKLAHOMA ST 74
TEXAS TECH 81 FINAL
Feb 6 4:01 PM
- NCAA BB
OKLAHOMA ST 26
TEXAS TECH 35 HALFTIME
Feb 6 2:39 PM
- Oklahoma Stare adds Gentry to basketball coaching staff May 11
- Chris Beard bolted UNLV to come 'home' to Texas Tech Apr 16
- Coach Chris Beard spurns UNLV for Texas Tech Apr 15
- Oklahoma State introduces new coach Underwood Mar 23
- Oklahoma St. hires SFA's Brad Underwood as men's hoops coach Mar 22
- Oklahoma State to 'part ways' with basketball coach Ford Mar 18
- Smith leads 5th school to NCAAs as Texas Tech faces Butler Mar 16
- Oklahoma State coach Ford ejected from son's game Dec 11
- Oklahoma State G Forte out with arm injury vs George Mason Nov 20
- Texas Tech at a glance Oct 28
- Texas Tech aims for turnaround after 2 losing seasons Oct 28
- Oklahoma State at a glance Oct 28