Elon defeats Furman 66-55Feb 7, 2010 - 3:38 AM GREENVILLE, S.C.(AP) -- TJ Douglas scored 21 points and grabbed 13 rebounds, and Elon defeated Furman 66-55 on Saturday night.
Drew Spradlin added 14 points and Chris Long had 11 for the Phoenix (5-17, 3-8 Southern Conference), who snapped a two-game losing streak. The team had lost 11 of its previous 12 games.
The win avenged a 53-48 loss to Furman on Jan. 7.
Leading 56-50 with 2:51 to play, Elon went on a 7-0 run to put the game out of reach. A free throw by Long capped the run and gave the Phoenix their biggest lead of the game at 63-50 with 1:28 remaining.
Elon dominated close to the basket, outscoring Furman 22-10 in the paint.
The Phoenix also shot well, making 41.2 percent (21 of 51) of their shots from the field compared to 33.3 percent (19 of 57) for the Paladins.
Amu Saaka led Furman (11-2, 5-7) with 22 points and 10 rebounds, and Jordan Miller added 11.
- NCAA BB
FURMAN 55 FINAL
Feb 6 10:06 PM
- NCAA BB
FURMAN 25 HALFTIME
Feb 6 8:52 PM
- Dancing again: Wofford clinches bid Mar 9
- Furman battles Wofford in SoCon championship game Mar 9
- Okafor's big night carries Duke over Elon Dec 15
- Duke gets back to work against Elon Dec 15
- No. 4 Duke handles Furman Nov 27
- Fourth-ranked Blue Devils take aim at Paladins Nov 26
- Winter storm postpones Elon at Furman Feb 12
- UMass continues winning ways, downs Elon Jan 18
- Minutemen meet Phoenix in non-league tussle Jan 18
- Duke routs Elon Dec 31
- Elon seeks upset of No. 7 Duke Dec 31
- Dinwiddie leads Colorado over Elon Dec 14