Eastern Illinois defeats Southeast Missouri 75-49Feb 7, 2010 - 4:08 AM CAPE GIRARDEAU, Mo.(AP) -- Jeremy Granger had 19 points and a game-high five assists to pace Eastern Illinois' 75-49 victory over Southeast Missouri on Saturday night.
James Hollowell added 10 points for the Panthers (12-11, 6-7 Ohio Valley), whose 50.8 percent marksmanship was led by Granger's 9-for-15 performance. Ousmane Cisse led all rebounders with six.
Sam Pearson scored 11 points to lead the Redhawks (7-16, 3-9), who fell to Eastern Illinois for the second time this season.
Two free throws by Jajuan Maxwell gave Southeast Missouri a 21-21 tie with 5:54 left in the first half. But it was all Panthers from there.
They closed the half with a 16-4 spurt, leading 37-25. The gap reached 59-39 midway through the second half on Curry McKinney's basket, and Eastern Illinois cruised home.
The Panthers have beaten the Redhawks five times in a row and hold a 23-18 series lead.
- NCAA BB
EASTRN ILLINOIS 75
SE MISSOURI 49 FINAL
Feb 6 10:37 PM
- NCAA BB
EASTRN ILLINOIS 37
SE MISSOURI 25 HALFTIME
Feb 6 9:38 PM
- Groselle, Creighton down Eastern Illinois Nov 26
- Panthers visit Bluejays in Emerald Coast Classic Nov 25
- Goodwin, Memphis stomp SEMO Dec 21
- Southeast Missouri hits road to challenge No. 15 Memphis Dec 21
- No. 12 Mizzou snaps to attention, beats SE Missouri State Dec 5
- Tigers set to pounce on Redhawks Dec 4
- Kansas downs Southeast Missouri State Nov 9
- SEMO seeks season-opening upset of No. 7 Kansas Nov 9
- Eastern Illinois names Jay Spoonhour head coach Apr 6
- Eastern Illinois not renewing HC Mike Miller's contract Feb 27
- Murray State takes care of Redhawks Feb 16
- Racers and Redhawks duke it out in OVC action Feb 15