Cavataio, Meister lead Holy Cross past Army 70-56Feb 11, 2010 - 3:00 AM WEST POINT, N.Y.(AP) -- Mike Cavataio scored 15 points and Eric Meister just missed a triple-double to lead Holy Cross to a 70-56 win over Army on Wednesday night.
Meister finished with 10 points, nine rebounds and nine blocked shots for the Crusaders (7-17, 4-5 Patriot League), who shot 55.3 percent from the floor (26-for-47). R.J. Evans had 14 points with eight turnovers and Andrew Beinert added 13.
The Black Knights (13-10, 3-6) had their second-worst shooting game of the season at 32.2 percent - the second time in three games Army shot less than 33 percent. The Black Knights have lost 13 straight games when shooting under 33.3 percent from the field.
Holy Cross opened the second half with a 14-4 run to take a 46-31 lead, capped by Cavataio's three-point play. The Black Knights cut the margin to 11 points with 11:36 to play, but would come no closer.
Army's Cleveland Richard scored 15.
- NCAA BB
HOLY CROSS 70
ARMY 56 FINAL
Feb 10 8:55 PM
- NCAA BB
HOLY CROSS 32
ARMY 27 HALFTIME
Feb 10 7:51 PM
- Tyler Dorsey a catalyst to Oregon's surge for No. 1 seed Mar 17
- Unlikely qualifier Holy Cross plays Southern in First Four Mar 15
- Holy Carmody! Crusaders name their coach Mar 19
- Holy Cross fires Brown after 5 seasons Mar 6
- Okafor, No. 4 Duke beat Army Nov 30
- No. 4 Duke plays host to Army Nov 30
- Holy Cross shocks Harvard Nov 16
- Beantown brawl pits Crimson against Crusaders Nov 16
- Holy Cross visits Brown to open CIT Mar 17
- Paige, No. 12 North Carolina hold off Holy Cross Nov 15
- 12th-ranked Tar Heels collide with Crusaders Nov 15
- Army extends contracts of Spiker, Magarity Aug 20