Appalachian St. holds off Davidson 66-56Feb 12, 2010 - 2:38 AM BOONE, N.C.(AP) -- Donald Sims scored 25 points, making all his attempts from both 3-point range and at the foul line, to lead Appalachian State in a 66-56 win over Davidson on Thursday night.
Sims finished 2-for-2 from beyond the arc and 5-for-5 at the charity stripe for the Mountaineers (15-10, 9-4 Southern Conference), who have won back to back games since losing 87-76 to Division II King College on Feb. 1.
Kellen Brand and Marcus Wright added 10 points apiece for Appalachian State - each hitting a pair of 3s.
The Mountaineers finished 6-for-9 from long range (66.7 percent) compared to just 9-for-32 (28.1 percent) for the Wildcats.
Davidson led by two points at halftime but Appalachian State went on an 8-0 run midway through the second, taking a 58-49 lead it never relinquished.
Bryant Barr led Davidson (12-12, 7-5) with 15 points.
- White dominates as Iowa downs Davidson Mar 21
- South Region pits Hawkeyes against Wildcats Mar 20
- VCU beats Davidson to reach A-10 title game Mar 14
- Rams and Wildcats collide in A-10 bout Mar 14
- No. 24 Davidson beats La Salle at buzzer Mar 13
- Explorers seek upset of Wildcats in A-10 Tournament Mar 13
- Davidson hands No. 22 Dayton first A-10 loss Jan 20
- Davidson hosts No. 22 Dayton Jan 20
- VCU holds off Davidson Jan 8
- Rams butt heads with Wildcats in A-10 matchup Jan 7
- UVa shakes off slow start, downs Davidson Dec 30
- Wildcats come calling on third-ranked Cavaliers Dec 30