Stetson beats North Florida 71-60Feb 12, 2010 - 3:52 AM JACKSONVILLE, Fla.(AP) -- A.J. Smith scored 19 points and Stetson defeated North Florida 71-60 on Thursday night.
The Hatters (6-18, 4-12) snapped a six-game losing streak and stayed alive in the hunt for a berth in the Atlantic Sun Conference tournament. Only eight of the conference's nine eligible teams qualify for the postseason.
Ridge Graham added 13 points and nine rebounds, and Joel Naburgs had 11 points for the Hatters.
The Hatters, who outrebounded North Florida 38-28, had 13 second-chance points.
Stetson led by 15 points with 1:03 to play in the first half and was ahead 36-26 at halftime. The Ospreys could not catch up in the second half, partly due to shooting only 38.6 percent from the field (22 of 57).
Matt Sauey led the Ospreys (11-14, 6-9) with 18 points, while Germaine Sparkes and Brad Haugabrook each scored 10.
- NCAA BB
NORTH FLORIDA 60 FINAL
Feb 11 9:43 PM
- NCAA BB
NORTH FLORIDA 26 HALFTIME
Feb 11 8:38 PM
- Stetson makes intriguing run to A-Sun final against FGCU Mar 5
- Stetson routs Albany State (Ga) 95-69 Dec 16
- Robert Morris rallies past North Florida in First Four Mar 18
- Colonials and Ospreys clash in NCAA Tournament Mar 18
- Ospreys and Spartans collide in A-Sun title bout Mar 8
- No. 5 Michigan State cruises past North Florida Dec 17
- Weary Ospreys come calling on fifth-ranked Spartans Dec 17
- No. 7 Ohio State crushes North Florida Nov 29
- Ospreys challenge undefeated Buckeyes Nov 29
- Irish beat up Stetson Nov 10
- No. 21 Notre Dame plays host to Stetson Nov 10
- No. 10 Gators fend off North Florida in opener Nov 9