Seattle defeats Sacramento State, 98-67Feb 13, 2010 - 11:10 PM SEATTLE(AP) -- Alex Jones scored a career-high 19 points, Chris Gweth added 16 and Seattle rolled past Sacramento State 98-67 on Saturday afternoon.
Seattle head coach Cameron Dollar benched leading scorer Charles Garcia to start the game and came out with a four guard lineup. The Redhawks (12-13) ran a full-court press that rattled the Hornets (9-17, 3-9 Big Sky) early helping Seattle build a 15-2 lead in the first four minutes.
Garcia entered nearly four minutes in and the scoring onslaught continued for the Redhawks. Seattle built a 26-8 lead midway through the first half and never looked back.
Cervante Burrell and Alex Jones combined for 24 first half points as the Redhawks took a 51-27 lead into halftime.
Justin Eller led the Hornets with 18 points.
- NCAA BB
SACRAMENTO ST 67
SEATTLE 98 FINAL
Feb 13 6:03 PM
- NCAA BB
SACRAMENTO ST 27
SEATTLE 51 HALFTIME
Feb 13 4:57 PM
- Eastern Washington's college basketball game postponed Nov 17
- New Mexico State cruises past Seattle to win WAC Mar 15
- Aggies go for fourth straight WAC title against Seattle Mar 14
- Gonzaga pounds Sacramento State Nov 15
- Bulldogs get underway in showdown with Hornets Nov 14
- Adams leads the way again as UCLA rolls Nov 19
- Hornets hoping to sting Bruins Nov 18
- Scott's 33 helps Virginia escape Seattle with win Dec 22
- No. 24 Cavaliers take on Redhawks in Seattle Dec 21
- Seattle's Garcia declares for NBA draft Mar 8
- Seattle 74, Utah Valley St. 64 Mar 6
- Seattle defeats Utah Valley 74-64 Mar 6