Morehead State blitzes Southeast Missouri 73-54Feb 14, 2010 - 4:15 AM CAPE GIRARDEAU, Mo.(AP) -- Morehead State started the game with a 16-0 spurt and defeated Southeast Missouri 73-54 on Saturday night.
Reigning conference player of the week Kenneth Faried had 15 points and 12 rebounds for his 19th double-double for the Eagles (18-8, 12-3 Ohio Valley).
Maze Stallworth led Morehead State with 23 points and went 6-for-8 from 3-point range for the second straight game. Demonte Harper added 11 points.
Cameron Butler led the Redhawks (7-19, 3-12) with 12 points. Anthony Allison had 11.
The Eagles went 11 of 20 from 3-point range and outrebounded the Redhawks 34-24.
Morehead State, which has won 14 of its last 16, clinched and a home game in the OVC tournament. The Redhawks have lost eight of their last 10.
The Eagles used a stifling full-court press during its game-opening assault. Butler's two free throws with 15:32 left in the first half were the Redhawks' first points.
- NCAA BB
MOREHEAD ST 73
SE MISSOURI 54 FINAL
Feb 13 10:45 PM
- NCAA BB
MOREHEAD ST 37
SE MISSOURI 26 HALFTIME
Feb 13 9:32 PM
- Morehead State beats Jacksonville State 82-71 Feb 27
- Morehead State routs NAIA St. Catharine 105-66 Feb 16
- Racers rally to beat Morehead State in OVC semis Mar 7
- Eagles challenge Racers in OVC semifinals Mar 6
- Offense carries Buckeyes past Morehead State Dec 13
- Eagles and Buckeyes square off in non-conference action Dec 13
- Goodwin, Memphis stomp SEMO Dec 21
- Southeast Missouri hits road to challenge No. 15 Memphis Dec 21
- Adams, Anderson pace UCLA past Morehead State Nov 23
- No. 22 UCLA plays host to Morehead State Nov 22
- No. 12 Mizzou snaps to attention, beats SE Missouri State Dec 5
- Tigers set to pounce on Redhawks Dec 4