Hopson helps Idaho steam past Fresno State 68-59Feb 14, 2010 - 5:55 AM FRESNO, Calif.(AP) -- Mac Hopson had 20 points, eight rebounds and six assists as Idaho defeated Fresno State 68-59 on Saturday night to sweep the season series from the Bulldogs.
Luciano De Souza added 16 points for Idaho (12-12, 4-8 WAC), including a corner 3-pointer with 2:35 remaining that gave the Vandals a 10-point lead.
Sylvester Seay led Fresno State (13-13, 6-6) with 14 points and 11 rebounds. Mike Ladd added 13 points the Bulldogs, who got six points from their bench compared to Idaho's 29.
Fresno State trimmed the deficit to 64-59 but went cold from the outside while the Vandals made 4 of 6 free throws in the final 1:03.
Hopson made 8 of 11 tries from the field and constantly broke down the Bulldogs defense with drives through the key.
- NCAA BB
FRESNO ST 59 FINAL
Feb 14 12:29 AM
- NCAA BB
FRESNO ST 28 HALFTIME
Feb 13 11:28 PM
- Throwback centers featured in Denver's Midwest Regional Mar 16
- Wyoming outlasts Fresno State in triple OT Jan 18
- Cowboys visit Bulldogs in pivotal Mountain West clash Jan 17
- Siena downs Fresno State in CBI final Apr 5
- Bulldogs and Saints meet in CBI rubber match Apr 5
- Fresno State routs Siena, ties CBI Apr 2
- Siena seeks CBI crown in showdown with Fresno State Apr 2
- Saints and Bulldogs square off in CBI title series Mar 31
- New Mexico State wins 3rd straight WAC title Mar 16
- Vandals and Aggies to decide WAC Tournament champion Mar 15
- New Mexico cruises past Fresno State Mar 14
- Lobos meet Bulldogs in MWC action Mar 13