Norfolk State defeats Howard 72-52Feb 15, 2010 - 11:37 PM WASHINGTON(AP) -- Aleek Pauline scored 20 points to lead Norfolk State to a 72-52 win over Howard on Monday.
Michael Deloach added 16 points and seven rebounds for the Spartans (7-17, 6-6 Mid-Eastern Athletic Conference), who have won four of their last five games.
Norfolk State went on an 11-2 run toward the end of the first half to take a 37-22 lead after a three-point play from Deloach with 43 seconds left in the period. The Spartans led 37-24 at halftime.
Norfolk State went on to lead by double digits for the entire second half, taking their largest lead at 65-34 after a 3-pointer from Pauline with 7:46 remaining.
Dadrian Collins scored 11 points to lead Howard (7-20, 6-6). The Bison have lost five of their past six games.
Norfolk State shot 50 percent from the field (27-for-54), while Howard shot only 31 percent (18-for-58).
- NCAA BB
NORFOLK ST 72
HOWARD 52 FINAL
Feb 15 5:59 PM
- NCAA BB
NORFOLK ST 37
HOWARD 24 HALFTIME
Feb 15 4:54 PM
- O'Neale's hot shooting powers Baylor past Norfolk St. Dec 30
- Norfolk State hits road to test No, 22 Baylor Dec 30
- No. 9 Virginia cruises past Norfolk State Nov 17
- Norfolk State pays visit to No. 9 Virginia Nov 16
- Evans leaving Norfolk State Apr 15
- Warren, Wolfpack roll past Spartans Dec 16
- Wolfpack set to pounce on visiting Spartans Dec 15
- Illinois remains undefeated, downs Norfolk State Dec 12
- 10th-ranked Illini set sights on Spartans Dec 11
- Norfolk State gives Evans three-year extension Jun 1
- Florida routs Norfolk State Mar 18
- Norfolk State hopes dream run continues in clash with Florida Mar 18