Coastal Carolina beats NC Central 68-59Feb 16, 2010 - 2:26 AM DURHAM, N.C.(AP) -- Mario Edwards scored 18 points to lead Coastal Carolina to a 68-57 win over North Carolina Central on Monday night.
Joseph Harris added 16 points for the Chanticleers (23-5), who have won four of their last five games. Kierre Greenwood chipped in with 13 points.
The Eagles (7-21) trailed for the entire game as Coastal Carolina jumped out to a 22-2 lead after a layup from Chad Gray with 8:50 remaining in the first half.
The Chanticleers led 31-20 at halftime, and North Carolina Central would get no closer than eight the rest of the way.
Nick Chasten paced the Eagles with 17 points and six rebounds and C.J. Wilkerson added 16 points. The loss snapped a three-game winning streak for North Carolina Central, their longest of the season.
Coastal Carolina outrebounded North Carolina Central 41-26.
- NCAA BB
COASTL CAROLINA 68
NC CENTRAL 57 FINAL
Feb 15 8:53 PM
- NCAA BB
COASTL CAROLINA 31
NC CENTRAL 20 HALFTIME
Feb 15 7:56 PM
- Wisconsin eases past Coastal Carolina Mar 21
- Chanticleers face tall task in second-round clash with Badgers Mar 20
- Coastal Carolina tops Winthrop for Big South title Mar 8
- Winthrop meets Coastal Carolina for Big South crown Mar 8
- Strong first half lifts Maryland past NC Central Dec 10
- 19th-ranked Terps tangle with Eagles Dec 10
- Johnson powers UNC over NC Central Nov 15
- No. 6 North Carolina hosts NC Central Nov 14
- Iowa State cruises by NC Central Mar 22
- Virginia survives scare from Coastal Carolina Mar 22
- NC Central seeks upset of Iowa State Mar 21
- Virginia begins tournament run against Coastal Carolina Mar 21